North America has been plagued with a bed bug infestation.If you or a loved one believes to be a victim of these bed bugs act immediately and contact the specialists at EXTERMINAPRO. Our pest control specialists are specifically trained in eradicating your bed bug infestation. Exterminapro's biologists are always researching and developing new innovative ways to fight this insect and the devastation it leaves behind. We have a 100% success rate and use products that are safe and environmentally friendly. You can now avoid the nightmare that bed bugs create with the only true professionals who are specialized in pest control!
With the re-emergence of bed bugs in north america, no one is safe from an infestation. The rise in numbers of travellers and the impressive defences that the bed bugs have developed to traditional pesticides make them very difficult to eliminate. That is why it is so important to chose the right company to help eradicate the problem. The small size and the flat shape of the bed bug allows them to hide so easily in your suitcases during trips, settle into your clothes and furniture of your home. The bed bug can stay hidden for more than a year and they lay between 200 to 500 eggs during their lifetime.
How to recognize the infamous bed bug?
Contrary to certain other insects, the bed bug doesn't discriminate on the environment they live in. The bed bug is attracted by ' human blood '.
Although it is thought to be a great traveller, once inside your home it will settle and stay as close as possible to it's food ' you '!The bug doesn't move around alot, with its shape it can very easily hide in plain site. Not everyone will develop symptoms from a bed bug bite, 50% of people will experience redness immediately after the bite, 30% in the following 10 days and 20% will never have symptoms at all.
How do you recognize them? Redness appears on the body of the victims. You are most likely to also see some activity as well, here are some clues:
- bites or redness on the body
- presence of bed bugs is usually found under mattresses, behind frames and mirrors, under appliances, furniture and carpets
- traces of blood on sheets, mattresses and pillows
- presence of blood stains or excrements in the stitching of mattresses
We do a full treatment of your home and the results are 100% guarantied. Nothing can be left to chance when getting rid of this parasite, from the pre-treatment area preparation to the treatment as well as our follow up. Here are the basics of the bed bug treatments:
- preparation of the affected areas ( see preparation list )
- steam treatment for mattresses and
- residual treatment
- follow up visit after 21 days
- treatment is 100% guarantied
- up to 6 month guaranty
Bed Bugs cycle of life
There are 5 stages of growth for the bed bug before it reaches adulthood. It will need to feed itself of blood for all 5 stages. The female bed bug will lay 1-5 eggs per day and 200 to 500 in it's lifetime.
In the event of lack of food the bed bug will slow it's metabolism until it eventually finds the blood it needs. They can even survive a year without food. Under ideal conditions ( 27 celsius degrees ),
the cycle from egg to adult takes 4 and a half weeks...
HOW TO PREPARE BEFORE OUR TREATMENT
In order to achieve maximum results, it is imperative to prepare before the treatment for the specialists at exterminapro to do their work. The preparation is a very important part of the treatment and it is the clients responsibility. Here is a list of the principal stages of preparation of your home:
- Vacuum the house ( pay attention to bugs that might be in your vacuum ) keep the house clean
- Make sure to throw away the vacuum. Outside if possible
- Shelves, night tables and all other bedroom furniture must be cleaned and emptied
- Remove all the clothes from closets and drawers and put them in a clean plastic bag
- Make sure the bag is sealed shut
- All sheets must be removed before the arrival of exterminapro technicians and be placed in a clean plastic bag. Make sure the bag is sealed shut
- the clothes, sheets and towels that you have in the bags must be emptied out directly into the washing machine
- once washed, the clothes and all the rest must be put in new, clean plastic bags and sealed during the treatment
- the used plastic bags must be disposed of outside the home
- it is important to wash in hot water as cold water will not kill or remove bed bugs. Dry cleaning is also a good option
- if possible once the hot wash is done, 20 to 30 minutes in the dryer at hot temperature again
MYTHS OR REALITY?
Myth : bed bugs only live under the bed?
Reality : The bed bug does live primarily around the bed as it is the easiest place to find human blood. However it's not uncommon to find the bugs in couches, in the back of frames, inside
electric plugs and appliances.
Myth : Bed bugs are only found in homeless shelters, only people with no money or dirty people have bed bugs.
Reality : Bed bugs are actually found in hotels, motels, apartments, houses, public areas, offices, restaurants and warehouses.
Myth : If you enter a room where there are bed bugs you will have bed bugs.
Reality : Bed bugs do not jump. They spend 90% of their time in hiding and are usually active at night.
Myth : Bed bugs can cause diseases.
Reality : Bed bugs are not considered dangerous to your health and they don't cause diseases. Bug bites can however provoke allergic reactions in some people, like mosquito bites can.
These reactions can appear as late as 5 to 7 days after being bitten. If the bite is scratched and the scab falls off this too may cause infections. People who are infested with
bed bugs are more at risk for feelings of anxiety, shame or fear.
Myth : If the bed bug doesn't consume human blood it won't survive more than a few weeks.
Reality : The bugs can be without food for a year, when there is no blood to be had the bugs will stay until the residents
Myth : Bed bugs bite only at night.
Reality : False, the bed bug is mostly a night time hunter since people are more accessible.